Previous Next
Record 2/9
Photographer John Bundy took this photo of Central House in 1883. One of Highlands' first boarding houses, it was built n 1878 and is now on the National Register. Owner Joseph Halleck replaced the wire fence in front with a picket fence in 1884. The building was owned by John Norton before it passed to David Norton in 1888, Rev. W. T. Potts in 1905, the Edwards family in 1913, and has been Madison's Restaurant of Old Edwards Inn and Spa since 2004.

Bundy & Scadin Photographs

Central House
Central House, 1883 (Bundy)

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION ~ When using this image, the credit line should appear in the following format: Image courtesy of the Highlands Historical Society, Inc.